A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…
It is a period of anticipation. A new Star Wars movie, the seventh total, is about to be released raising the issue of which can be called “the best.”
To settle the argument, Pellucid Analytics compared the movies using its ultimate weapon, the RANKING CHART, a unique data visualization with enough power to clearly show relative performance.
Offering a comparative perspective, the chart ranks the films across a number of performance gauges which can be used to analyze the saga and suggest an answer to which movie is the best…
- Seen by survey respondents: Based on the 1,186 respondents to a poll conducted by FiveThirtyEight.
- Fan favorite: Based on the subset of respondents (471) who had responded that they had seen every Star Wars movie in fivethirtyeight’s audience poll.
- Adjusted U.S. box office gross: Box office takings in the U.S., adjusted for inflation by Box Office Mojo.
- Critics rating: As measured by Rotten Tomatoes.
- Moviegoer rating: As measured by Rotten Tomatoes.
- Rating at time of release: Adjusted critics Rotten Tomatoes score calculated by Metro.co.uk.
- Academy Awards: According to IMDb
- Overall rank: Mean rank across the seven categories.
Pellucid blends technology and design to create beautiful, client-ready charts. Find out more at www.pellucid.com.