Eleven years ago this week, the first tweet was sent. Since then, Twitter has exploded in growth, become a publicly-traded company, and is the communication tool of choice for our current president.
Twitter follower count is frequently used as a shorthand to measure Twitter popularity. But is it the best measure? In the chart below we rank tweet to follower ratio, reach, buzz, and other metrics to compare the 15 accounts with the greatest number of followers.
How it's made
- Date joined Twitter: According to user's profile.
- Number of tweets: As of Friday, March 17th, 2pm EST.
- Average time per mention: According to Social Mention.
- Tweet to follower ratio: Calculated as of Friday, March 17th, 2pm EST.
- Accounts reached: According to Tweet Reach.
- Positive sentiment: According to Social Mention.
- Number of followers: As of Friday, March 17th, 2pm EST.
Explore Pellucid’s content, created specifically for pitchbooks and financial analysis. Request a demo.